How often you have thought of maintaining a particular style of look and feel of your computer screen, no matter what enhancements are introduced in the market?
Most of us still like to use (and stick to) Microsoft Windows XP.
And sometimes we get used to using the ‘Explorer’ view in our Windows XP machine, which shows the folder tree structure instead of the common tasks. But this is not the default option always.
If you would like to keep this setting as the default option, just follow the simple steps given here:
- Open My Computer, My Documents or any Folder.
- Click on Tools menu and then click on Folder Options.
- Now, click on [NONE] Folder and click on Advanced button. The Edit File Type window opens.
- In this window, under Actions list, select ‘explore’ and hit on ‘Set Default’.
- Click on ‘OK’ in this window and also on Folder Options window. Hereafter, whenever you open any folder, it opens up in Explorer view.
Written by Arun Sarathy.