When does your WhatsApp message sender know that you’ve read his message?
When you see in preview?
When you open WhatsApp? or
When you tap on your friend’s contact and open the WhatsApp message?
Let’s cover these situations in detail:
WhatsApp has become a must in all the smartphones today.
There is not even a single friend of mine with a smartphone who doesn’t have WhatsApp installed.
It has become one of the most impactful chat client on a mobile phone.
How can you tell if a message that you’d received shows as read to your friend (or) recipient?
I will cover four situations here:
1. The moment your message is received.
2. The moment you preview it.
3. The moment you open WhatsApp
4. The moment you open the WhatsApp message itself.
- The 1st situation is actually a no-brainer. Unless you are directly on the message itself, reading your friend’s old messages, your sender doesn’t know that you’ve read the message. Which means, he/she will not see a blue tick mark.
- In the 2nd situation, you can actually preview the received message either by quick preview options (like sliding your finger from top of the mobile screen in Android phones) or using WhatsApp preview widgets on your home screen. This too doesn’t convey to your sender that you’ve read his message.
- The third situation is little notable here. The moment you open up WhatsApp, it doesn’t show to your sender that you’ve read his message, however it does show you as being ‘Online’. And given to understand that your sender already received a two-tick icon for his sent message, if it shows to him that you are online, it is a sure sign that he can deduce it to be convinced that you at least know now that you’ve received the message, whether you read or not.
- The last situation, where you open the message itself – again a no brainer because the blue tick mark was designed by WhatsApp (after bought by Facebook) to let your friend/sender know that you’ve read his/her message. Personally, I feel this is annoying as my privacy is killed mercilessly here. Anyway, sometimes it’s useful when I want to know if my last sent hate message is read by my friend who just forgot to wish me on my birthday. 🙂
So, now you know what that blue tick mark is and how to decipher that change.
Playbox hd says
I’ll immediately clutch your rss as I can’t find your
email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service.
Do you have any? Kindly allow me realize so that I could subscribe.
facebook en espa u00f1ol en espana hoyt says
It can then report to a brand new whatsapp spy software
free if there’s another sound.