Matt Cutts, the head of Web Spam team at Google is currently on a long vacation at the time of writing this post (March 2015). However, his lessons and videos that are on YouTube never stops helping the SEO enthusiasts and bloggers alike. These videos are a part of the Google Webmaster series posted on YouTube.
I don’t know if Matt Cutts will extend his vacation further, but I do know that even if Mr. Cutts does extend his vacation, he is still going to be fine.
The reason am saying is because he has left so much of his “thought-prints” (like foot prints) around the internet that his explanations of SEO, website quality guidelines are all figuratively ever green for years to come.
Since you clicked on this post and are reading this, I assume that you are either a blogger or going to be one.
But whatever the case, am pretty sure you’ll like this post because given here are some of the basic yet useful videos by Matt Cutts which can indeed help both newcomers as well as established bloggers.
Ponder more: Get the summary of all Matt Cutts videos
I have curated some of the best of those videos and posted here in a single article so anyone who wants to learn a few basics and few advanced topics on SEO or blogging can be benefited to improve blogs.
These links are given in no specific order. However, the #1 rank is aptly given, at least in my humble opinion.
- 10. 5 Common Mistakes in SEO (and 6 good ideas!)
- 9. What are some effective techniques for building links?
- 8. How can I make sure that Google knows my content is original?
- 7. What are the top 3-5 SEO areas where webmasters make the most mistakes?
- 6. What is the best way to check your own site for keyword rankings?
- 5. How important is it to have keywords in a domain name?
- 4. What are some examples of SEO misinformation?
- 3. How would a non-optimized site outrank a site which has done SEO?
- 2. SEO for startups in under 10 minutes
- 1. How Search Works
This is definitely not a complete list. These are just the 10 videos that I felt which are truly great.
I can go on adding more to this list, but just thought that these 10 videos are really basic as well as under-estimated by many new bloggers. Just focus on these first, even if you want to go further in this exciting journey of blogging.
These helped me learn the basics of SEO and blogging, and will help you too, I guarantee that.
Resources: For more videos like these – subscribe to Google Webmasters Group.